We are heading into March, one of Whistler’s best-kept secrets. March typically has blue skies, warmer temperatures and above average snowfall, making it an ideal time to be in the mountains. As usual, there is always more to do than just ski but early spring brings even more to the table. Think patios, hiking, and other sun-filled activities in addition to the regular list of winter fun! Still stuck for ideas? Here are 50 things to do in Whistler this month!
- Some of the best powder falls in March, so ski, ski, ski!
- Watch a Fire and Ice Show.
- Visit the Made In Whistler Winter Artisan Market.
- Hike or snowshoe the Train Wreck Trail.
- Try a yoga class at Yogacara!50
- Watch the 20th Annual Showcase Showdown on March 25th.
- Take the family to Family Apres.
- Snowmobile up to a cabin for breakfast.
- Watch a Canucks game at Tapley’s.
- Stroll Whistler village and shop till you drop!
- Go Tubing in the Coca Cola Tube Park.
- Ice Skate at the Olympic Plaza.
- Take in the latest collection at the Audain Art Museum.
- Soar through the trees with a ZipTrek adventure!
- Relax at the Scandinave Spa.
- Test out the latest boards at the Burton Test Ride Centre.
- Go to the cinema!
- Bike the Valley Trail.
- Sign up for a gym membership at Whistler Creek Athletic Club.
- Have a picnic at Alta Lake.
- Have fondue dinner at Crystal Hut.
- Go backcountry snowmobiling.
- Dance the night away at Buffalo Bills!
- Order a pizza from Avalanche Pizza.
- Apres at the famous Longhorn Saloon.
- Treat yourself to a Balinese spa experience.
- Hike or snowshoe to the Ancient Cedars.
- Visit Brandywine Falls.
- Rent a Car from Avis and drive to Pemberton.
- Take a helicopter ride to Rainbow Glacier
- Grab a coffee and people watch in the village.
- Cross Country ski at Lost Lake.
- Visit the Britannia Beach Mine Museum.
- Buy new sunglasses or goggles from McCoos.
- Have lunch at South Side Diner.
- Check out the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre.
- Stroll through Upper Village.
- Try cross-country skiing.
- Visit Alexander Falls.
- Take a day trip into the Callaghan Valley.
- Party at Garfinkel’s.
- Window shop at Amos and Andes.
- Watch the Kokanee Series Ski Racing on Whistler Mountain.
- Eat Duck Macaroni and Cheese from the Stonesedge.
- Try out a tour of Whistler and Shannon Falls.
- Make a point of seeing all 5 lakes in Whistler.
- Explore Creekside Village.
- Stay in by the fire for a change.
- Hike or snowshoe to Rainbow Falls.
- Plan another trip to Whistler!
With this list, you are sure to be kept busy throughout your stay and into your next trip to Whistler.