You may or may not have heard of the famed ‘shoulder season’ in Whistler, but it’s a time of year you don’t want to miss! The village is a bit quieter, dual-sport days are back, and there are loads of ways to save money. This is the time of the year when our local eateries have spring dining specials, and the beaches and parks are opening back up. We also happen to have spring deals on accommodations that you can check out here.
Guide to Shoulder Season Dining Specials
April and May are some of the best times to sample Whistler’s famed culinary scene, as the local restaurants offer dining specials. Here are a few of our favourite deals that are going on this spring in Whistler:
- Joe Fortes Seafood and Chophouse: Enjoy a 3-course dinner for $54.95, available Sunday to Thursday.
- Tandoori Grill: 3-courses for $29, includes free-range tandoor chicken, fresh vegetables and paneer (cheese), plus dessert.
- Wildflower Restaurant: 3-Course Special. Available Sunday to Thursday evenings from 6 – 9 PM, with up to 50% off select wines.
- Tapley’s Neighbourhood Pub: Parmi & Pint Night Mondays – 20% off Chicken Parmi & Pint every Monday. Wing Wednesday – 20% off wings every Wednesday. Appy Thursdays – 20% off all appetizers every Thursday.
May is the ultimate month for Dual-Sport days! There’s still snow high on the mountain, but lower elevation trails are clear from snow and are ready to be explored. Here are some of our favourite shoulder season activities:
- Spring Skiing – After a two-year hiatus, spring skiing is back this year, and you can ski Blackcomb Mountain all the way until May 23rd!
- Bike Park -The Whistler Mountain Bike Park is anticipating opening on May 13th! Meaning you can ski laps on Blackcomb, and bike laps on Whistler in the same day. Pretty unreal, right? First time to Whistler Mountain Bike Park? Take a read through our guide here.
- Mountain Biking at Lost Lake – If you prefer more mellow cross country riding early season, check out the trails at Lost Lake Park. You can learn more in our blog here.
- Golf Courses – The Golf Courses start to open in May, and we have the ultimate guide to choosing your perfect course here.
- Low Elevation Hiking – Prefer to wander through the woods at your own pace? Check out our guide to some of our favourite local hikes here.
- Paddleboarding – As the lakes thaw out from the winter, it’s a perfect time to dust off the paddleboard. Just make sure you bundle up & keep your feet warm!
Want to save money on your accommodation for your shoulder-season vacation? Browse our deals here, and find out how to save on the ideal home away from home to relax with loved ones at the end of an epic, Whistler day.