Whiski Jack Resorts is managed by owners and local staff who are passionate about where we live and about providing the finest hospitality and authentic Whistler experience for our guests.
We know that there are many job opportunities in Whistler. We want to make Whiski Jack your first choice. You won’t be disappointed!
PERKS OF WORKING WITH US:
AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES (click the opportunity you would like to know more about):
This individual will report to the Maintenance Manager at Whiski Jack Resorts. This department services 10 properties and over 130 units within Whistler. The role will oversee a small staff. Your position will involve training staff, managing projects and dealing with daily issues at our units.
Your daily tasks will include:
• Apply protective and decorative coats of paint, varnish, lacquer, and/or other related materials to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, equipment, and other structures.
• Wash, scrape, sand, and/or smooth interior and exterior surfaces prior to painting, varnishing, lacquering or applying other related materials.
• Check electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems and makes minor repairs and/or replacements as needed.
• Perform maintenance to electronic locks, telephone systems and fixtures such as pipelines, toilets and sinks.
• Touch up paints and finishes on doors and fixtures when needed.
• Handle guest concerns, compliments and suggestions in a professional manner.
• Follow all company and job-specific safety policies and report any accident and/or hazard immediately.
• Keep accurate completion and task records in the project files.
• Undertake special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Maintain swimming pools and hot tubs, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Specific Job knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• High school diploma plus two years technical training and two years College or four years’ experience.
• Three (3) years building maintenance experience required, hotel environment preferred
• Painting experience necessary
• Previous trade (electrical and/or plumbing) experience an asset
• Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, safety awareness information, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
4 x 10 hr shifts (40 hrs/ week). Benefits include recreational credit (ie: ski pass assistance), extended health benefits, staff events, uniform, tools and use of company vehicles as well as discounted room rates for family. Staff housing based on availability. Interested applicants are asked to send a cover letter and up to date resume.
This position helps oversee the Housekeeping team and ensures rooms are maintained in good repair and cleanliness. Working with the Housekeeping Manager, and coordinating with other departments within the organization, the Houseperson will assign daily work, deal with issues and monitor room status conditions, assist guests and owners as required, provide transport for the Housekeeping team, assist in training new employees, and create reports and updates. You will need a clean and current driver’s license, good attention to detail, a hardworking attitude, and the ability to think on your feet! You’ll be working with a great team, where every day is different!
What we offer:
Please forward your cover letter and resume to ‘Whiski Jack Housekeeping’.
**We do not provide sponsorship, you must have a valid Canadian work permit**
Reports to: Maintenance Manager (and Maintenance Supervisor)
Terms: Full-time (40hrs per week)
The Maintenance Technician ensures that all assigned day-to-day maintenance is carried out in a safe and professional manner, and is alert Owner and Guest needs and helps make their stay the best possible experience. This role also ensures all work areas, vehicles and workshops are kept clean, safe and organized.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
– Responsible for engineering and maintenance operations of the associated resorts.
– Responds to engineering and maintenance concerns.
– Performs and/or monitors maintenance and preventative maintenance projects.
– Responds to all unit safety concerns.
– Maintains departmental compliance with Whiski Jack maintenance procedures.
– Supports departmental maintenance programs and executes daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
– Assists in the supervision of temporary or new maintenance associates.
– Assist management in specifying proper supplies and equipment for operations.
– Makes sure that all equipment and tools are maintained in a clean and workable condition.
– Deals with guest related concerns.
– Maintain the units in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and tiling to ensure attractive and well-maintained units.
– Must possess knowledgeable of basic hand/power tool operation.
– Clean and maintain pool and spa areas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
– Previous construction or resort maintenance.
– Valid driving license.
– At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
-. Should have basic understanding of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, painting and carpentry concepts.
– Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
– Must be available to respond to emergencies when not physically at the job site.
– Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management, coworkers and vendors.
– Ability to work a variety of varying schedules.
– Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
– Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
– Ability to solve practical problems.
– Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
– Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once.
– Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs and lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes, and luggage.
– Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
– Honesty and Integrity
Typical Working Conditions: All weather conditions will be experienced. Environment may include exposure to fumes, chemicals, mold, and other possible allergens.
Equipment Used: Computers, cleaning chemicals, tool boxes/buckets, ladders, hammers, power tools, safety equipment, work vehicles.
Essential Physical Tasks: Physically able to walk/stand through an extensive facility, climb ladders as needed, drive vehicles of all types; work in extreme cold /heat as necessitated by local weather conditions. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
With over 130 units around Whistler, Whiski Jack Resorts provides a year-round ‘home away from home’ for our guests and owners. We are looking for friendly and enthusiastic Welcome Centre Representatives who are passionate about providing a memorable Whistler experience.
– Greet guests and provide check-in and check-out services, including taking payments
– Answer phones and assist guests and owners
– Record guest information, special requests, and resolve any maintenance or housekeeping issues
– Monitor emails and respond in a timely manner
– Previous customer service experience, preferably within a hotel or vacation management company.
– Team players who are confident in-person and on the phone
– Knowledgeable about Whistler
Perks of the job:
– $1,000 annual recreation credit
– Staff accommodation (limited availability)
Please complete the form below and note the position you are applying for.